Definition of DBMS and RDBMS
DBMS: [Database Management System]
is a software which maintains and manages the database, DBMS provides two important features
1. Security: to protect the data
2. Authorization: it is used to access the data.
To communicate with DBMS software we use query language
Types of DBMS
1. Network DBMS
2. Hardware DBMS
3. RDBMS etc
RDBMS: [Relational Database Management System]
To communicate with RDBMS software we use a language called structure query language.
• Relational Model was designed by EFCODD
• Relational Model store the data in the form of tables/relations
• In relational Model RDBMS we can store Meta Data ( data about the another data is called Meta Data)