Letter and Application Writing
A letter which are to relatives and friends are called Personal Letters. Letters are written in a proper format.
Here a letter in a proper format is given. Read it carefully and see the way it is written.
- Avaas Vikas Colony
- 6th September 2013
- Dear Reshu
- Thank you for your letter. I was glad to read it. I am fine here and hope the same for you. My 1st term examination is going to start next month. I am doing my studies sincerely. My teachers and friends are helping me with my studies. I hope to get good marks in the examination. Please go on writing to me. I miss you too much.
- Yours loving
C/o Sri.R. Chandra
Sector 3, Noida, U.P. } this is to be written in N envelop.
Did you notice the way the letter is written? A format has been followed. The former has some parts. Let us study the parts of the format of the letter:
- Sender’s Address
- Salutation / Greetings
- Body of the letter
- Closing the letter
- Receiver’s Address( this is to be written in an envelope
2. Applications Writing
Applications writing to the principal, headmaster, or teacher of an institution for a purpose. These are not applications is also written in a proper format.
Here an application in the proper format is written. Read it carefully and see the way it is written.
- 20th August 2020
The principal/ Headmaster/Teacher
Happy Valley Public School
- Subject: Regarding leave for three days.
- Respectively I why to state that my uncle who lives at Varanasi has suddenly got a heart attack. He is in very serious condition. My father with all my family members has to go to see him.
Kindly grant me three days’ leave from 21st August 2010 to 23rd August 2010 so that I can go to Varanasi with my father and family to see him.
- Your obedient pupil,
Class III, Roll No.12
Now see the parts of the format used in writing than application
- Receiver’s Designation and Address
- The subject of the Application
- Content ( Body of the Application)
- Closing the Application
Write the following letters and application using the proper format:
- You are Preeti Gupta living at 23 S.C., Vikas Vihar, Delhi. Write a letter to your friend Anju living at 115, Mayank Road, Agra about the result of the Annual Examination of your school.
- Your are Kalpana Bhardawaj of 112, Nai Sarak, Allahabad. Write a letter to your friend Meenakshi living at post Office Road, Bareli about your school trip to a hill station.
- You are Raman Rastogi of Park Road Agra. Write a letter to your uncle living at Andheri West, Mumbai inviting him to attend the marriage ceremony of your younger brother.
- You and Riya Jain of Kanke Road, Ranchi. Write a letter to your father living at Pataliputra Colony, Patna informing him about the I’ll health of your younger brother Ramesh.
- You and your friend want to go for a picnic on Sunday. Write a letter to your friend Aditya to come with you. You are Aman living at Kadamkuan, Kanpur.
- You are Shweta. Your summer vacation is going to begin. Write a letter to your friend Anu about your plans for this vacation. You live R.K. Puram. New Delhi. Your friend Anu lives at Begusari.
- You are Uday living in Bangalore. You received a birthday gift from your uncle who lives in Mumbai. Write a letter thanking him for the gift.
- Write a letter to your friend inviting him to your sister’s wedding.
- Write a letter to your friend thanking him for sending you a birthday present.
- Write a letter to your father asking him to send you more money next month in view of the increase in the hostel fees.
- You are Uzma Zareen of Officer’s Colony, Bandra, Mumbai. Write a letter to your friend Shahn living at Pusa Road, New Delhi inviting to spend her summer vacation with you in Mumbai.
- Your brother is going to be married on the 15th of this month. Write an application to the Principle of your school for ten days’ leave.
- Write an application to the Principle of your school for one day leave to see the science Exhibition being held in the town with your father.
- You are not feeling well in school. Write an application to the Principle of your school requesting him to allow you to go home in the break.