XML (Extensible Markup Language)
XML stands for Extensible Markup Language it basically is used for storing data and transferring data from server to client.
XML is markup language W3C ( World Wide Web )recommended it runs on the platform to store and transfer in any platform, XML I basically Stands for Extensible Markup language HTML is also markup language , combining HTML(Hyper Text Markup Language) and XML to perform a new markup language SGML (Standard Generalized Markup Language)
xml document converted to another document to read the document such as in pdf ,
syntax of XML: XML you can crate your own tags, and it a case sensitive if you write a student tag
Example: <Student > Sanjeev </STUDENT> if you write like that then it’s a wrong, so it a case opening and closing tags should be same.
Example: <Student> Sanjeev </Student> this is the wright way to write tags in xml opening and closing tags should be same
A simple program using XML:
<Name> Swati </Name >
<Gender> Female </Gender>
For more formation about the XML: Contents
XML Rules :
- XML document must contain root tag The above program contain <Student> is the root tag,
- XML Prolog is the optional one, if you write xml prolog then you need to write line of the xml coding.
<XML Version= “1.0” Encoding = “UTF-8”>
- All the XML tags must contain a closing tags
Example: <p> I am roopa </p>
- Xml tags must be nested or closed properly.
<Name > chaitra</Name>
Example : <b> <i> I am an Indian </i> </b>
XML is Used for
- XML is used for web development
- XML is used to separate the data from the presentation